My Tools & Resources
This page collects some of my favorite to. These are products, solutions, and knowledge that I use or have used — and those Wealth Habits readers keep in their toolboxes. These are solutions that I’ve tested. I either use them daily or have used them for some time for my business and/or my personal life. If you have suggested additions, reach out to me via the contact form. I stand behind these tools 100%.
Table of Contents
Please Read Before Proceeding
Infinity Signals (a marketing company) is an affiliate for some of the below tools. Affiliate links are used for each tool that we are an affiliate of, which means that if you click that link and subsequently make a purchase, they will earn money. You pay nothing extra; any money they earn comes at no additional cost to you. Please understand that our recommendations are based on deep experience with and knowledge of these companies. We recommend them to online entrepreneurs like you because they are genuinely helpful and useful, not because of the small financial gain they receive if you choose to buy something. Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals.
Finance & Money
I currently use Interactive Brokers because of their transparency and fairness with clients. I also use TD Ameritrade for my solo-401(k) and I have used Vanguard in the past. All of them are fantastic for different reasons. Vanguard offers the lowest fees overall, is investor-owned (like a credit union) and I truly believe they are working for their investors and not for profit. TD Ameritrade is merging with Schwab. Both TD Ameritrade and Schwab have great customer service. The breadth of services they offer is more than I need.
However, in my opinion, Interactive Brokers is the best one if you are trading frequently. The downside is that client support isn’t nearly as developed as the other firms. IBKR offers two types of accounts IBKR Lite and IBKR Pro. I use the Pro account.
For tracking my spending, I use Tiller. It is an amazing tool that connects our bank accounts and credit cards securely to Google Sheets (or Excel), and automatically updates them on a daily basis. It means we can see all of our financial transactions in one place and do our own custom analysis in Google Sheets. Tiller also provides pre-built functionality such as auto-categorization, budgets, monthly analysis, graphs, and much more.
Financial Planning (Tracking Investments)
I use RightCapital to aggregate all my accounts. The software application also provides me with flexible planning tools that quickly calculates the impact of any financial decision. A lot of people are worried about security. They have a substantial amount of detail around how they handle security.
Specialized Financial Planning
I use Google Workplace (Google Drive, Sheets, and Slides) to do the heavy lifting, creating sophisticated financial analysis.
Software & Services
- Google Workspace
- Google Marketing Platform (Analytics, Data Studio, Optimize, etc.)
- Clockify or Toggl
Electronics & Gear for Work
- Dell XPS 17 9700 // Amazing piece of engineering
- Dell 27 inch monitor (S2721DGF) // Pandemic office requires the best monitor possible
- Dell WD19TB Docking Station // Solid docking station needed to
- Logitech K800 Wireless Keyboard // Perfect wireless keyboard for office use
- Logitech MX Anywhere 2S // The great thing about this mouse is that it can be wireless through bluetooth or via USB
- Logitech BRIO 4K Webcam // Now that everyone is doing virtual meetings, this camera is a huge improvement from the one I had before.
- Audio Technica ATR 2100x // I’m using the ATR 2100 but the link is the newer version. This is the microphone I use for my virtual meetings
- ScanSnap iX1500 // This scanner helps keep my office paper-free
- Bose Noise Cancelling Wireless Bluetooth Headphones 700 // Amazing sound quality and comfortable enough to wear for many hours each day
- Eero Pro (Wifi 6) // Eero Wifi system is so simple to set-up and the internet speed has improved compared to the last version
- iPhone 12 Pro // I got this phone for the camera and it hasn’t disappointed
- Nikon D850 with 24-70mm F2.8 // Pre-historic camera that I still use here and there
- GoPro Hero Black 9 // Amazing tiny camera that doesn’t drain the battery of my iPhone
- RODEcaster Pro // Overkill for my podcast set-up. Hopefully, will fully use it once the pandemic is over
- Shure BETA 58A Microphone // The microphone I use for podcasting
- Cloudlifter CL-1 Mic Activator // This is to improve the sound quality
- iPad Pro // It is everything I had hoped it would be and more. I can be an researcher, artist, photographer, editor, and much more on this tiny machine.
- ATEM Mini Pro ISO // I’m planning on connecting my D850 to the computer so I can livestream with a cool camera.